With the current 1.8 trunk version (rev 2509+) also the LEDs should work as expected. For the bug report see: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/614629
I am currently working on an updated mapping for Mixxx 1.8. It is based on the Traktor layout, maybe I will also make another one for the Cue layout.
So far I have made the following changes:
* Changes for the Traktor layout (Directory button, Moved effect controls, Fine pitch control instead of balance, Tap button, ...)
* Fixed cueing (to work as expected?)
* Only accelerate jog wheels while playback
I like to have more exact jog wheels on slow movement while paused.
I would like to hear your recommendations on this. Maybe we can also combine both so only very slow movement (e.g. < 3) is not accelerated or we could also use a different curve for acceleration.
* Scratching with new scratching interface (I don't know if it can be tuned further?)
* Experimental extended looping mode
If activated it automatically adjusts the loop length to 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, ... (2^x) beats.
Furthermore there are buttons for halving and doubling the loop length.
I want to further improve the extended looping mode to allow moving the entire loop around and to change the loop length in beats with the jog wheel.
Moreover I also have to clean up the scripting a bit.
If someone is interested in testing the mapping I would be very happy. You can contact me via PM or IRC.
I just don't upload the mapping here yet as it's in heavy development and changes hourly