Tried both of your v.1.0 mappings and would like to give some feedback:Basic mapping
*Good first impression, works as described in the Dicer manual
*Change the MIDI OUT LED default state for State 1 ( the red ones) from <off>0x0</off>
so they are visible in the dark as good as the other states which have a light green/orange default color.
to Novation Dicer.midi.xml
so the mapping will appear at the correct position in the Mixxx "Load Midi preset" drop-down menu which is sorted alphabetically.
*The loop roll does pinch forward if the track is paused.Full Mapping
* Same as above, change the MIDI OUT LED default state for State 1
* Rename Dicer_Novation_Dicer.midi.xml
to Novation Dicer Full.midi.xml
so we could have both the full and the basic mapping in one folder (and have them sorted alphabetically).
* State 2 (Green) Shifted Layer: Might be a matter of personal preferences but what about changing the 2 beat loop button
with the 4 beat loop button
and replacing 4-16 beat loop button with beat halve
, beat double
and reloop button
? This way you would have quick access to all available loop sizes and could still jump pack to a previous loop, something you cant currently do.
* State 3 (Orange) Standard Layer: Mixxx lacks effects and while the hacks on the buttons are pretty nice i am unsure how useful they are given the limited number of buttons. Especially the Transform
button seems to drop many events if pushed in short intervals. My proposed config looks is Cue/Play/Sync/Censor/Flanger
. Censor is basically Reverse playback then resume instead going Fast reverse and resume.
* State 3 (Orange) Shifted Layer: Again a matter of personal preferences but i found it hard to use only one hand to navigate trough Playlists/tracks. In other layers you follow an ascending arrangement here we have arrangement starting from the middle. For muscle memory and easier one hand operation i propose to change the button order to load track/previous track/next track/previous folder/next folder
. Just found out you cant collapse/expand folders via MIDI, probably a Mixxx limitation...
Thanks for the great work on the mappings.
Looking forward to see the them in the upcoming Mixxx 1.11 release.Edit:
Added Novation Dicer mapping page
to the Mixxx Wiki. It has the current button assignments and will be listed on the Hardware compatibility page
if the mappings has been added to Mixxx.