Hi, thank you for including my mapping in Mixxx 1.8.
I recently put a little time into updating the mapping to Mixxx 1.10.Changes:
- Key lock buttons are now mapped to key lock instead of reverse [Mixxx 1.9 feature]
- The second deck's scratch button is now used to toggle quantize function of both decks [Mixxx 1.10 feature]
- Correctly implement beat leds [Mixxx 1.10 feature]
- Updated extended loop mode to get sample rate from track (it still silently assumes stereo tracks) [Mixxx 1.10 feature]
- Adjust second function timeout for pitch bend buttons in extended loop mode to 500msec
- Soft takeover (couldn't get it working) [Mixxx 1.10 feature]
Here is an overview of the slightly modified mapping (blue labels for LEDs, red and green labels for extended loop mode - see below for details):
* END LEDs light up to warn that track has <25% remaining
The scratch button (SCRATCH) activates the scratch mode for both decks.
There are two cueing modes (SIMP. CUE):
- In normal mode pressing CUE || jumps to the cue point and stops. Holding down the button starts previewing (-> jumps back to cuepoint on release).
- In simple mode pressing CUE || always jumps to the cue point and doesn't change the play state.
Looping in general:
The loop out button generally has the reloop/exit function. It only gets the loop out function when the loop in button was pressed previously.
So the normal use case is pressing loop in then loop out to set a loop. When the loop is set the loop out button lights up. It now has the exit function.
If you exited the loop you can either press the loop out button to reloop or start over with a new loop by pressing loop in.
If the extended looping mode (EXT. LOOP) is activated the loop length is automatically adjusted to ..., 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, ... 2^x beats.
Furthermore the pitch bend +/- buttons get new functions:
*** Short press (<500msec and without moving the jog wheel): (red label)
- Pitch bend -: halve loop length
- Pitch bend+: double loop length
*** While holding down the button: (green label)
- Pitch bend -: Loop can be moved forward/backward with jog wheel.
- Pitch bend +: Loop length can be set in steps of full beats using the jog wheel.
The quantize button switches the quantize mode of both decks. If you manually change the quantize mode to differ between the decks, the button starts blinking to reflect this state.
Maybe someone has an idea, which buttons to use for hot cueing. I can't think of a good usable solution.
Another thing is that I couldn't get soft-takeover working. I don't know if it isn't working in the build I used or if I made a mistake. I would appreciate it if someone could help me.
So far I have tested the mapping with the Mixxx 1.10 pre-beta build from 13th June ( http://builds.mixxx.org/builds/release-1.10.x/
) on Linux amd64.