Cross fading during Auto DJ mode

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Re: Cross fading during Auto DJ mode

Postby goran26 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:30 am

@pi r squared

To have better control on when to start fading and make sure that you want to cut the song at the right moment. Here is an exemple with volume fading :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjV24c9bGpQ

The video does not show, but if you put back the volume to maximum of the track currently played, the new track is recued at start.

Regards,
goran26

Postby daschuer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:34 pm

It looks like your request is pretty much complete if we implement the Fader Start feature like discussed here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/661917

It is not very hard to do, and I think there are some controller scripts which have it implemented.
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Postby pi r squared » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:45 pm

goran26 wrote:@pi r squared

To have better control on when to start fading and make sure that you want to cut the song at the right moment.

But this is exactly my point - the best control you can possibly have is to start the track (and re-cue the track) yourself. If you are manually controlling the crossfader or channel faders, in order to gain more precision over when tracks start, I don't see why you cannot also manually start Deck B playing whilst you're doing so.
pi r squared

Postby goran26 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:49 pm

@daschuer
Thanks for your input

@pi r squared
If i am manually controlling and you do not have any controllers or keyboard mapping, it is difficult to use your mouse to click start on the new track and at the same time lower the channel faders.
Furthermore, we are talking about Auto DJ mode and not Manual mode. I know we have the best control in Manual mode but we are focusing on Auto DJ mode usage.
goran26

Postby pi r squared » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:08 pm

goran26 wrote:If i am manually controlling and you do not have any controllers or keyboard mapping, it is difficult to use your mouse to click start on the new track and at the same time lower the channel faders.
Not having a controller I can totally understand, but to not use keyboard controls and then state it is difficult to do X, Y or Z really makes it feel like you're trying to make life difficult for yourself. I can easily move a crossfader with a mouse whilst also pressing the D or ; keys to start a track.

Furthermore, we are talking about Auto DJ mode and not Manual mode. I know we have the best control in Manual mode but we are focusing on Auto DJ mode usage.
You can manually start songs too in AutoDJ mode, but as daschuer says it sounds like you're really after a fader start option rather than requiring modifications to the AutoDJ mode. On reflection, I like the idea of a fader start, so it would be nice to see this implemented.
pi r squared

Previous

Return to General Discussion