Can't use m4a despite the plugin

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Re: Can't use m4a despite the plugin

Postby rimorob » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Yup, "invalid number of frames". Same problem.
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: [SoundSourceFFmpeg] Stream has invalid number of frames: 7338863
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: Failed to open file "file:///home/boris/Music/Tango/[Coleccionista el Cachafaz]/Francisco Canaro 'Don Pirincho'/[AMP] - [Francisco Canaro - Instrumental] - [Tango] - [1927] - La Rubia Mireya.m4a" with provider "FFmpeg"
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: Failed to open file: "/home/boris/Music/Tango/[Coleccionista el Cachafaz]/Francisco Canaro 'Don Pirincho'/[AMP] - [Francisco Canaro - Instrumental] - [Tango] - [1927] - La Rubia Mireya.m4a"
rimorob

Postby JosepMa » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:12 pm

350kbps is in a grey area ( very high for lossy AAC, but still achievable ), and very low for a lossless ALAC ( rare, but also achievable with some classical or ambient tracks ).

If it is really that the mp4 container is incorrect, you might be able to "fix" it using ffmpeg as in:

Code: Select all
#! /bin/sh
mv $1 $1-bad.m4a
# Get relevant metadata
ffmpeg -y -v error -i $1-bad.m4a -f ffmetadata /var/tmp/metadata.txt
# generate file without metadata and bad stts atom
ffmpeg -y -v error -i $1-bad.m4a -acodec copy -vn $1.aac
# attach the good metadata to the metadata-less file
ffmpeg -y -v error -i $1.aac -i /var/tmp/metadata.txt -map_metadata 1 -acodec copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -vn $1

save as fixm4a.sh , give execute permissions and execute as in: ./fixm4a.sh /path/to/file.to.fix.m4a
JosepMa

Postby rimorob » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:11 pm

The library is very high-quality and I've tried a number of different files and they all fail the same way. It's not a bad file. I've gone the route of converting the whole library to FLAC. I'll post here if it's still not working once I test.

Thanks for all the help!
rimorob

Postby rimorob » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:26 am

The flac conversion seemed to work. Now I have to update the database and I'm (hopefully) good!
rimorob

Postby tapir » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:30 am

Is the size of the original .m4a files and the converted .flac files similar? It should be if the original .m4a files contained ALAC streams.
tapir

Postby rimorob » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Yes, it was similar.
rimorob

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ