Reloop Digital Jockey 2 ME problems with Mixxx

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Reloop Digital Jockey 2 ME problems with Mixxx

Postby Baltic_Lexx » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:40 pm

Hello all,
I got a 'Reloop Digital Jockey 2 Master Edition 2.9.73' (says Device Manager) and have big problems to bring it to work.

Notebook: Windwos 10 Home 64 bit
Mixxx: 2.0.0 (build 1.12 r5772)
Mapping: that what is included in Mixxx (from Rafreider and Ivicsics)

I can play music, because the basics are working:
- some buttons like Play/Pause, Cue
- some knobs (Bass, Middle, High)
- sliders (volume control, crossfader, pitch)

but general problems I have (no matter which sound-API) with:
- Microphone, does nothing (it works on other console)
- Effects-section completely out of function
- Headphones does not work (it works on other console)

And here some differences if I'm switching between different sound APIs
If I choose Windows DirectSound:
- wheels out of function
- Headphones out of function
- master signal correlates with Head Gain
If I choose ASIO:
- touching a wheel it jumps in fast-forward-mode or fast-rewind-mode (only stoppable with mouse in Mixxx)
- Headphones: I hear the sound but direct coupled with Masterchannel (so pre-listening not possible)

Because the hardware is ok (console works on other machine with other DJ-Software) I'm a little bit despareted,
how to bring it to work under Mixxx.
I love Mixxx (used it often with Hercules DJ Consloe MK2 and MK4) and want to bring the Reloop to life with Mixxx.

If screenshots are needed (how I tried to configure something) please say, I will do all I can.
Please help me!

regards Alex
Baltic_Lexx

Re: Reloop Digital Jockey 2 ME problems with Mixxx

Postby kazakore » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:36 am

Unfortunately the Wiki page[1] for the controller doesn't give you any mapping information. From the forum page linked to from it I would guess the mapping is from before the effects section so it's likely that was never incorporated. Might be worth reading the thread properly and seeing if the versions in it are the same as packaged with Mixxx...

[1] https://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/rel ... er_edition
kazakore

Postby _NetWorK_ » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:21 am

Just my two cents but you may want to check what sample rate you are trying to use, I have a BCD3000 and it will only work if I use 44100 Hz trying to use anything else will result in no audio from any of the inputs/outputs on the controller.

As for functions not working, Mixxx has an AWESOME midi learning wizard that you can use to fine tune/rebuild what each button will do in mixxx on your controller. Using the existing settings packaged with mixxx gives you a good spot to learn how some of the fancier things like the wheels and such are coded to work with mixxx.
_NetWorK_

Postby Baltic_Lexx » Mon May 07, 2018 9:27 pm

In the meantime, I have found out a lot.

First I downloaded the latest ASIO driver (http://www.reloop.com/reloop-digital-jockey-2-me) and installed it.

After that, the headphones worked. I can now pre-listen. Fine!

Then I found out that I can activate / switch the JogWheels with buttons. As a former HerculesDJ-MK-user this was new to me.
Jogwheels are now running. Fine!

Then I discovered a small switch on the back of the device with selection 'SW' or 'MST'.
Since I found in Mixxx no function to route the microphone signal internally, I route it now externally (MST).
For that I have to increase the mastergain and to reduce the channel-gain by default, but it works for me. Ok!

What is still open?

The effects section (5 buttons and 4 rotary knobs) is still out of function.
I tried to map some filters on it with the Midi-learning-wizard but the knobs have small steps so there is no continious rotation possbile.
And I cant find an option in the wizard to learn such kind of rotary knobs.

So, around 75% of my problems ares solved by further investigation ;-) and I give it here to the community,
perhaps there are other users, that get an older but fine DJ-console with no DJ-Software and want to get it running under Mixxx.
Baltic_Lexx

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ