vinyl control audio interface?

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

vinyl control audio interface?

Postby discodave » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:26 pm

hi all,

i'm a dj who's finally caving in and moving from vinyl to mp3 djing (cost of tracks!).
vinyl control set ups are what i'd like to use such as serato scratch, traktor and of course mixxx which i'd very much like to use as it runs on linux.
(planning on buying a new laptop and running ubuntu - 8.04 on it.)
so i just have a quick question regarding audio interfaces, serato use a rane sl 1 and traktor uses the audio 8 dj.
can anyone help in recommending a suitable one for mixxx on linux please? (wanting to interface with 2 technics sl1210 decks, a vestax mixer and will be using either serato or traktor time coded vinyls)

hope you can help or point me in the right direction if i'm missing the obvious!

cheers, dave.
discodave

Re: vinyl control audio interface?

Postby albert » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:46 pm

People have been reporting problems with the Audio 8 DJ on Linux recently, so you may want to stay clear of that.

I believe the original ScratchAmp works well in Linux (google to check though), but a lot of people just use a pair of cheapo USB soundcards, since Mixxx can use them together. If you're looking for something audiophile-quality, Echo makes good firewire cards...

Another option for a single USB soundcard might be an American DJ Versaport: http://www.djdepot.com/american-audio-v ... -1630.html
I haven't tested this in Linux, but it looks like the cheapest 4x4 soundcard. It's similar to the Maya44, which is increasingly hard to come by.
albert
Mixxx Developer

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ