Shoutcast Metadata Format

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Shoutcast Metadata Format

Postby sdguy2150 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:37 pm

I am try to do a live broadcast to Radionomy, and the Shoutcast Metadata Format is not being sent in like its suppose to. I have the default set to $artist - $title and the locale is English United States, and no tags are being sent. I am running windows 10 64 bit, and Mixxx 32 bit 2.0.0 (build 1.12 r5772).
sdguy2150

Re: Shoutcast Metadata Format

Postby sdguy2150 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:58 am

Does anyone post anything on this board to help people out?
sdguy2150

Re: Shoutcast Metadata Format

Postby JosepMa » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:04 pm

Yes, we do check these boards and try to help other users, but your question was a bit unusual.

If you were on macOS, then we know there was an issue with tags, but you say you're on Windows 10 (just like me), and I had done tests with that version even before it was released, so it's a bit strange that it does not work for you.

What I can say is that depending on how you play the songs, it might not be detected as a change, so the metadata is not updated to new values.
Also, verify that you have the files correctly tagged (if the artist and title columns in the library list are shown correctly, then they are ok).

I found this in radionomy's FAQ: https://board.radionomy.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=72
9. While on "Live", my radio does not display the tracks/Artists played, is that normal?

That means that you don't correctly send the metadata of your songs from your software, and more precisely in the “Artist” and “Title” fields.

With Winamp, default settings are normally alright.

It should be noted that, if you use an external metadata generator attached to your software, "StreamTitre" software doesn't work properly. You should rather use "Update Title".

Warning , if you do not send this information correctly, your direct access to the "Live" function may be deactivated. Indeed, this information is essential for us to respect royalties & copyright rules.

So, if artist - title is not being sent correctly, it will not show them.
JosepMa

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ