Mixxx 2.1 beta is here

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Re: Mixxx 2.1 beta is here

Postby kazakore » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:34 am

clemon79 wrote:Will LateNight have the ability at some point to use discrete waveforms again? I can't say I'm a fan of the parallel setup for my purposes and any sort of switch isn't immediately obvious like it is in Deere. I *really* prefer LateNight to Deere and would like to use it as I have been.

Would do you mean by Discrete Waveforms? As far as I can see in Deere you can only show or hide the parallel waveforms, not display them in a different manner. You can do similar in LateNight just by stretching the size so small you can no longer see them (although I guess this still uses computational power, whereas turning them off probably saves the CPU...)
kazakore

Postby clemon79 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:46 pm

kazakore wrote:Would do you mean by Discrete Waveforms? As far as I can see in Deere you can only show or hide the parallel waveforms, not display them in a different manner. You can do similar in LateNight just by stretching the size so small you can no longer see them (although I guess this still uses computational power, whereas turning them off probably saves the CPU...)

In Deere if you turn off Parallel Waveforms (via the checkbox on the Skin Settings bar that pops out when you click the gear in the upper right corner, it moves them separately within the decks, above the overview waveform. I want to say LateNight behaved like this WAY back in the day (like before 2.0), and I thought it did in 2.0, but it doesn't; in 2.0 they are still parallel, but they are between the decks as opposed to all the way across the top of the screen.

Yeah, you can hide them completely in LateNight by dragging up the bar, but I don't want them hidden. It's no worries, I'm sure when 2.1 final drops I'll get used to it quickly enough. I'm a weird use case for Mixxx anyhow, since I use it for public-address announcing and playing music at those sorts of events and not DJing/beatmatching/scratching/mixing.
clemon79

Postby JosepMa » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:18 pm

You might be confusing it with the older Deere from 1.11.

https://mixxx.org/manual/1.12/chapters/ ... rface.html
JosepMa

Postby clemon79 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:42 pm

JosepMa wrote:You might be confusing it with the older Deere from 1.11.

https://mixxx.org/manual/1.12/chapters/ ... rface.html

I bet I was, because I was going on my memory of the detail on the controls that went away with the newer Deere iterations and has been maintained in LateNight.
clemon79

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:37 pm

2.1 beta 1 Build 2.1 r6519 64bit
Windows 10 64 bit (16GB Ram, Intel i5 8250U)
Crashes (mixxx.exe has stopped working) when trying to remove a quick link.

Also, a request.
I keep my music in folders, is it possible to make crates by right-clicking a folder? This is why I'm using quick links.
aDJnamedCorey

Postby SleepyUK » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:46 pm

Hello all,

Having intermittent issues, where Mixxx loads, but doesn't respond to controller input.
Win10
Build 2.1.0-beta1 (build 2.1 r6517)
Controller Hercules RMX - USB connected direct to PC, not via hub etc.

Have done the usual confirmation of USB unplug and replug, controller powers on, is noted by windows etc.

Sometimes exiting and relaunching Mixxx fixes the issue, sometimes not.
Launching Mixxx with the device unplugged does prompt the "Sound device busy" warning, and re-plugging in the controller then clicking retry does allow Mixx to load without issue (so it's detecting something...) however the interface does not respond to controller input after Mixxx has loaded.

Sound hardware has
Sound API: Windows Direct Sound (same as the Hercules Tray Agent)
Master: Speakers (Hercules DJ Console RMX) Ch1-2
Headphones: Speakers (Hercules DJ Console RMX) Ch3-4

While writing this, I noted in Controllers, the RMX isn't listed... its usually there.

I tried closing Mixxx and the Hercules Tray agent, and relaunched Mixxx, this time the controller was recognised.

Are there any known incompatibilities / conflicts with the Hercules Tray agent? As noted above, I've seen the controller detected after a shutdown and relaunch of Mixxx before, but worth checking.

Finally, thanks for the progress and work that's gone into this release, it's looking really awesome :)
"If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
- Marcus Brigstocke
SleepyUK

Postby JosepMa » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:59 pm

@SleepyUK:
Mixxx only detects the controllers on launch time. It does not have hotplug capabilities.

Sometimes, you might see the error that cannot open the device. Click reconfigure and reselect the options and it will work.

The reason this happens on Windows is that sometimes the devices are enumerated differently, so they have a different index. As such, it cannot select the appropiate soundcard.
I don't know if this is a bug on the version of PortAudio that we use, or something else. I just haven't looked further into the issue.
JosepMa

Postby SleepyUK » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:49 pm

@JosepMa thanks for the response.

I'm confused, because if Mixxx has detected the controller (hence loading without the prompt that it cannot be found) why does it fail to respond to input? For clarity, I'm not attempting hotplug in normal use, I just tried that during faultfinding, to see if Mixxx detected the lack of controller on launch, which it did.

I'm currently suspecting a conflict with the Hercules tray agent, as I haven't had a recurrence of the issue, whenever I've closed the tray agent, prior to loading Mixxx.

If that proves to be a workaround, then all is good from my side, but will notify if the above assumption proves to be incorrect.
"If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
- Marcus Brigstocke
SleepyUK

Postby JosepMa » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:12 pm

I don't have the RMX, but I have the DJ Console 4-Mx. I have the Tray agent running without issues.

I haven't experienced problems with the controller not responding (other than one jog wheel partially malfunctioning, but that's a hardware issue).

If it gets listed in the controllers, it is found and can be loaded. What you have to ensure is that the correct controller mapping is selected, and that the "active" checkbox is checked.
Given that you have the drivers installed, I would recommend to use the midi mapping, not the HID mapping.

It can also stop working if there is a problem with the javascript mapping, but this should be obvious (As it should show a popup warning).
JosepMa

Postby asdeideas » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:00 am

Yeah awesome Mixxx 2.1 !! Let's try it in my new macbook and see how it works. I've been using an old version for long time, but having problems using it at full requirements with Windows 7, even with the Hercules tray agent.

Nice work! :D :ugeek:
Diseño web y gráfico Asdeideas Madrid - Ir al sitio web
asdeideas

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion