Radio Stream Uptime Monitoring & Rocket Broadcaster Update

Random non-Mixxx stuff...

Moderator: garth

Radio Stream Uptime Monitoring & Rocket Broadcaster Update

Postby albert » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:51 pm

Hi all,

I've been working on a new radio stream uptime monitoring platform called Radio Mast, and I wanted to share it with you all. I used to be a Mixxx developer back in the day and I know many of the DJs here broadcast online using Mixxx. If you're streaming to an online radio station, this might be useful to you. It's compatible with Icecast and Shoutcast streams (or really any HTTP stream), and can send you email alerts when your stream is down. If you need to monitor multiple streams, there's some paid plans available, which also include silence detection.

My goal is to simplify streaming online and give broadcasters tools to help their online operations. I'm going to be unveiling a Cloud Transcoder solutions within the next couple of weeks, which lets you transcode your stream to other codecs/bitrates in the cloud. I've also started working on my own streaming server software, as an alternative to Icecast and Shoutcast, but with a bunch of convenience features built in. Stay tuned for more information about that later this year.

Lastly, a couple of years ago I launched Rocket Broadcaster, a streaming audio encoder for Windows. I just recently added support for the Shoutcast v2 protocol, so if you're looking to stream on Shoutcast.com or to a Shoutcast 2 server, you might want to check this out. The encoder itself also has a bunch of useful features like metadata ingestion, AAC+ support, VST plugin support, and more. If you've outgrown Mixxx's streaming features, then check it out. If not, keep on rocking with Mixxx. :)

Anyways, just a bit of a status update from my side and shameless self promotion. I'm looking forward to playing around with Mixxx 2.2.0 and giving it a spin! (pun intended :D)
albert
Mixxx Developer

Return to Mixxxscellaneous (Off-Topic)