Numark Mixtrack Platinum Mapping

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Numark Mixtrack Platinum Mapping

Postby Be. » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:15 pm

I don't see any information in those linked threads indicating that this controller can't be mapped. To the contrary, it is a USB class compliant MIDI device. Perhaps there is a MIDI message that the mapping needs to send it to initialize it. It would just be a matter of intercepting that message from Serato and sending the same message in the init function of the Mixxx mapping.

I think you may have been confused by the statement that Numark has an exclusive agreement with Serato so they can't provide a mapping for other software. That does not mean that someone else can't map it to other software.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!
Be.

Postby gioktu » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:32 am

Be. wrote:I don't see any information in those linked threads indicating that this controller can't be mapped. To the contrary, it is a USB class compliant MIDI device. Perhaps there is a MIDI message that the mapping needs to send it to initialize it. It would just be a matter of intercepting that message from Serato and sending the same message in the init function of the Mixxx mapping.

I think you may have been confused by the statement that Numark has an exclusive agreement with Serato so they can't provide a mapping for other software. That does not mean that someone else can't map it to other software.

many people and i asked this to the numark support and they behave like they didn't hear/understand the real question and answer it like it is a different question. (sorry for my english).

this is not a regular midi message (or mapping). i sent all the codes above with different variations.
ok then, we'll see.
gioktu

Postby Be. » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:03 pm

gioktu wrote:many people and i asked this to the numark support and they behave like they didn't hear/understand the real question and answer it like it is a different question. (sorry for my english).

Numark's contract with Serato might forbid them from actually answering the question.

gioktu wrote:this is not a regular midi message (or mapping)

It is probably a system exclusive (sysex) message that you need to send.

Which OS are you running Serato on? On Mac you can use MIDI Monitor. On Windows you can use MIDI OX.
Be.

Postby gioktu » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:27 pm

hi again Be.
this is not the case. i don't want to work with a company which don't want me to be its customer. i could figure it out, i am a software developer but i don't want to send sex messages to my "controller" to "turn it on" (it should be already turned on). :)
currently i am working to map my new, beautiful and far better DENON DJ MC4000, i will publish it here soon; because they even gave the midi codes in user manual.
gioktu

Postby Be. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:10 pm

The Denon MC4000 already has a mapping.
Be.

Postby gioktu » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:36 pm

Be. wrote:The Denon MC4000 already has a mapping.

it has error with jogwheel and many buttons don't work. i've already done a better mapping in two days.
gioktu

Postby Be. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:15 pm

gioktu wrote:
Be. wrote:The Denon MC4000 already has a mapping.

it has error with jogwheel and many buttons don't work. i've already done a better mapping in two days.

Huh? Where did you get the mapping from? Are you using it with Mixxx 2.0 or 2.1 alpha? Please don't clutter this thread any more and let's take further discussion about the MC4000 to its thread.
Be.

Previous

Return to Controller presets/mappings