KORG nanoKONTROL 4 Mixxx

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

KORG nanoKONTROL 4 Mixxx

Postby epoxi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:42 am

Hello Guys,

I've just finished the mapping for my Korg nanoKONTROL with the basic functions.
It doesn't have any advanced features... maybe for the next version.

What You get:

• nanoKONTROL Scene data file
  • nanoKONTROL Mapping for Mixxx (xml)
  • A nice skin for your controller

I hope you can enjoy it, and that this came part of the final release of Mixxx 1.9.0 8-)

Last, I want to thank the developers for this GREAT piece of software!!!!!

Merry X-Mas to all :D

EDIT: This configuration is now part of Mixxx since version 1.11.0

nanoKONTROL-4-Mixxx_v2.zip
Pack: Mapping XML, Korg Scene Set, PDF Skin.
(26.65 KiB) Downloaded 1611 times
Last edited by epoxi on Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best.-
ePoxi
epoxi

Re: KORG nanoKONTROL 4 Mixxx

Postby dbrdh » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:18 am

Nice work - will try this tonight! Will have a think about what could be done using the scene switching button too!
dbrdh

Postby epoxi » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Thanks!

The problem with the scenes is that when you switch them, the korg dosn't keep the status of the contollers once you return to the previous one :(

I think it should be better to find the way to configure one button (maybe the REC one) as a shift, to use with the other controlles and gain more functions.
Best.-
ePoxi
epoxi

Postby dbrdh » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Don't have much experience with Javascript yet - I'm from a C++ and VB dabbling background. Is there any way the values could be written to persistent global variables?

Oh hang on - I've realised what you mean: what happens if a control gets moved 'in' another scene - there's no way to get it back to what it was in the previous scene. Faders anyway. But the rotaries are endless aren't they [writing without it in front of me] and the buttons would be OK so how about variable for these and just don't touch faders :) !
dbrdh

Postby epoxi » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:55 am

dbrdh wrote:Don't have much experience with Javascript yet - I'm from a C++ and VB dabbling background. Is there any way the values could be written to persistent global variables?

Well, I don't have any experience at all of JS. But the explanation and examples are in the Wiki, so I hope I'll get into something... it's not rocket science, right?
Here is another contribution from the user Puddy that is using scenes. Have to take a look to the config/js files.

dbrdh wrote:Oh hang on - I've realised what you mean: what happens if a control gets moved 'in' another scene - there's no way to get it back to what it was in the previous scene. Faders anyway. But the rotaries are endless aren't they [writing without it in front of me] and the buttons would be OK so how about variable for these and just don't touch faders :) !

Yes, as the nano doesn't have motorized sliders (like a Nord Keyboard) or endless knobs (like the APC40), there is a physical problem on changing "scenes".
Besides, the buttons configured as "toggle" (they remain light when you press them), reset when you change scenes.
AFAIK the nano doesn't have a MIDI-IN, so you cant reset the button previous status. Please, let me know if I'm wrong on this!!!

A combination of keys/buttons con the controller will allow us to reach more functions.

Thanks for your support!!
LC
Best.-
ePoxi
epoxi

Postby lockonstratos » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Actually, each button can be configured for toggle or temporary operation in the editor.
lockonstratos

Postby epoxi » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:43 pm

The only buttons configured as "Toggle" are the Headphone monitors (deck A & B) and the user assignable F1 and F2 buttons.
Rest of the buttons were left default.
Best.-
ePoxi
epoxi

Postby epoxi » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:29 am

Well... it didn't get into mixxx 1.9 :cry:

Maybe in the next release :D
Best.-
ePoxi
epoxi

Postby Tsnow11 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:58 pm

I'm having trouble getting the kontrol to sync with mixxx. not only is there no response when i move a slider or turn a knob but after a little bit mixxx freezes and i have to force close it. I am running 10.6 and have all of my drivers up to date. I am also running mixxx 1.9.

I saw a similar post to this one but it was a few versions old and i thought maybe the problem had been fixed. I've deleted and re-pasted the midi files as well as deleted and re assigned the midi mappings for the kontrol but still nothing. thanks!
Tsnow11

Postby rryan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:48 am

Hey epoxi,

I dropped the ball on this, really sorry! Getting it in the next 1.9.x release would be good. How do you suggest we package it? I assume the mapping doesn't just work if you don't have the Korg scene file loaded? Maybe we need to add a way for a mapping that's loaded to pop-up an informational dialog to let the user know that they need to do something before it'll work. Otherwise we'll get a bunch of people being like "The NanoKontrol mapping doesn't work".

I think we should make a wiki page for the nanoKontrol -- somewhere where people can download the PDF and the scene file. The mapping XML can ship with Mixxx, but we don't have a good way to point people at the PDF and Korg file, since it will be installed somewhere crazy like C:\Program Files\... or /usr/share/mixxx/res/midi/ etc. What do you think?

Thanks,
RJ
The Mixxx Manual, Wiki and FAQ are the best place to start for documentation and support.
Please report any bugs you find to our Bug Tracker.
rryan
Mixxx Developer

Next

Return to Controller presets/mappings