DENON MC4000 Mapping

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: DENON MC4000 Mapping

Postby lego » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:22 pm

Are the "spinback" and "brake" effects mapped to the jog-wheel in any way in this controller mapping?
lego

Postby gioktu » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:06 am

i made a mapping for mc4000, here is the subject: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9426
gioktu

Postby HardyMilts » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:04 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to post an update for anyone who comes across this thread...

I've just rebuilt my machine with Ubuntu Studio (was running Mint 17.2 before). Compiled Mixxx 2.1 beta, which has a mapping for the Denon MC4000

So far, everything is working ok! (the mapping is by Tim Rae, I think? Thank you Tim!)

The 'pitch bend' buttons don't seem to work for me - but I use the the outer-edge of the jogs for pitch-bend. (And since the buttons don't work for me, and I wouldn't use them anyway, I've mapped one of them for 'Talk' on my mic...)

The 'coasting' issue I had before has gone - but still, if I spin the jog, and let go - the tempo of the track takes a second to return to normal - I wonder if that's a 'feature'? (ie mimicking what might happen if you did the same on a turntable?) If so - it's very clever!

Anyway - for me - Mixxx 2.1 Beta, compiled on Ubuntu Studio, with the Denon DJ MC4000 - is working very well indeed!

Many thanks, everyone, for all your efforts.
:)
HardyMilts

Postby Be. » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:07 am

Hi HardyMilts, would you like to finish the effects mapping for this controller for Mixxx 2.1? The mapping was made before the Components JS library, which lets you easily map the effects controls to take full advantage of Mixxx's effects system, was finished. Read the Components EffectUnit documentation on the wiki for information on how to set up the mapping and the Contributing Mappings page for how to open a pull request to include your changes in Mixxx.

How are you connecting a microphone to Mixxx? The manual for the MC4000 says the microphones are not routed to the computer. Is that not true? Or are you using a separate sound card for microphone input?
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby OsZ » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi there, I am just new to the board as I am starting with Mixxx and my MC4000 controller. Running everything on KDE Neon (Ubuntu 16.10) is smooth and easy having some experience with Linux already. I use to update new versions of Mixxx from ppa:mixxx/mixxxbetas .

Firstly I like to work with 2.1 beta with LateNight skin on 200%. Especially like the bigger controls and the waveforms on the top. The combination with MC4000 already works great, even I already changed mapping of the pitch bend buttons (that sits nicely next to the transport controls) to navigate 8 beats plus or minus inside the track or with Shift key makes the move of 32 beats through the track when pushing.

Anyhow, for some reason I could not get the Library knob to scroll through the playlist. Load buttons and also pressing the Library knob works to load tracks inside the main or preview deck.

I already came across this discussion https://www.bountysource.com/issues/34468414-library-navigation-controls and checked my midi config file that everything is correct. I experimented with Mixxx 2.0 using the previous configuration scheme and the knob was working.

Starting Mixxx 2.1 beta from console fires this message when turning the knob.

Code: Select all
Warning [Controller]: Cannot get "[Library]" , "MoveVertical" by Midi

Does somebody has got a working library browse with the latest 2.1 beta or could guide me to make it work?

thanks a lot to everybody.
OsZ

Previous

Return to Controller presets/mappings