FlatNite is intended to be an extension for your controller, meaning all duplicate controls can be removed from skin.
You can re-enable them, though, like if you need EQs to control 4 decks with a 2(virtually 4) deck controller.
Main focus was to make every control easily and quickly recognizable, especially when your eyes are mostly on your controller and your hands.
Find more details in the PullRequest
and up-to-date version on my github branch
Btw, it's now called Tango
and can be installed along last FlatNite
* added crossfader orientation button to decks
* Library maximize button
* Library can finally shrink properly, Waveform can grow to fill screen
* removed Sync mode buttons (not officially supported, yet)
* removed redundant options from Skin Settings
* fixed tons of tiny qss and graphics flawsTango_v0.9.6
* add optional Filter
knob to EQ section
* redesign MixerBar, add VU meters & Mute buttons
* fix Mixer layout
empty FX units' height (Thanks @Kafuzke!)
* FX units: added minimal mode
* FX units: added Clear button
* lower half: no squeezing anymore (except sometimes with MixerBar)
* Samplers: added minimal mode
* Spinny / Cover / nothing can be toggled with one button, no need to go to menuTip 1
: Windows & Mac users might download Ubuntu font here
: To have a clean start when upgrading Tango
from any previous version, I recommend to remove whole [Tango] section from your .mixxx.cfg.
After first start, adjust everything as you like again and it will stay like this.Tip 3
: When installing this or any other custom skin, it's useful to place it in a folder with normal write access and link it in the regular skin folder. This way you can alter, upgrade or delete skins without needing administrative rights.
Here's the minimal view I use most of the time:
You can blow it up like this and more, waveforms resizable depending on your screen heightElements you can toggle, most of them hidden on first start
* full-width stacked resizable Waveforms incl. beatgrid buttons
* Channel mixer with Volume fader & Gain knob
* EQs knobs with Kill buttons, optional Quick Filter knob
* Mixer bar for Master, headphones (incl. SplitCue), 2 x MIC, 2 x AUX incl. VU meters
* Pitch slider, BPM
* basic Key control buttons
* Deck controls (Slip mode, quantize, repeat, eject, CF orientation)
* VU meter
* Loop, LoopRoll & BeatJump buttons
* Vinyl options per deck (enable in 'View' > 'Show Vinyl Control options' first)
* Star rating in decks
* FX Rack with 2 or 4 EffectChains, 3 effects each, mini & full mode
* 4/8 Samplers with Load/Save buttons, mini & full mode
* Preview Deck with 4/8 HotCues
* floating skin settings menu
* track's Comment row underneath overview waveform for hints on cues, loops, varying BPM...
(until HotCue labels are implemented)I hope everything is self-explaining, some hints anyway
buttons show play status: RED
when track is playing normally, ORANGE
when 'previewing' from Cue/HotCue.
- right-clicking Play
button when playing will stop/reset track to Cue point, right-clicking when stopped will set Cue point to current position.
button turns RED
when keylock is OFF
: left-click = Sync, right-click = reset to original
buttons: left-click = double the distance, right-click = halve the distance
- usage of comments row
> insert a blank line in track's comment <space><shift-return> so whole comment's shifted down
> now add your notes at the beginning of 1st comment lineToDo
- Deck orientation buttons in 4-deck mode
- auto-duck for MICs
AND [gj23] requested a portrait mode version for tablets! Interesting...would anyone use that?
I started with LateNight -like most of the mods- and I got much inspiration from Deere and how templates and variables can be used.Any feedback is appreciated!
Especially about how toggling waveforms works on your platform/version, or about must-have features.
I built this skin @1366x768, so I'd like to see how it looks on different resolutions, too.
Also, I could put it on git if anyone wants to collaborate on this, or fork it.
Enjoy!Big UP to mixxx devs for their work over the past years!!Changelog
(FlatNite!)Updated to v38_fixed
* Loop, LoopRoll, BeatJump & LoopMove buttons (when disabled, there's still the minimal LoopIndicator)
[took the very clever buttons for adjusting LoopMove & BeatJump distance from Deere]
* Sync control (none/Master/Follower) in 'Extra Deck Buttons' section next to 'Play' (clicking BPM is still one-time Sync)
* MixerBar redesign
* many changes behind the scenesUpdated to v37
* Broadcast button/indicator
* isolated SkinSettings button, now next to the clock
* Library styling continuedUpdated to v36
* scrolling waveforms are defined in-place, not as Singletons anymore (improves stability)
* styling continuedUpdated to v35
* made stacked waveforms resizable, can be collapsed with splitter handle
* crossfader can be toggled independently from mixer
* white-label vinyl as default CoverArt image (when file doesn't provide one)
* FlatNite style for AutoDJ and Analyze buttons
* made Skin Settings menu ...better!
* minor cosmeticsUpdated to v34
* fixed appearance on 1st start and some renamings/clean-up
(* fixed Sampler HotCues 1-4 Thanks @Steph)Updated to v33
* enable additional EffectUnits 3/4 in skin settings menu (they're placed below respective decks)
* Library stylingUpdated to v32
* pitch sliders' behaviour normal now (not inverted)
* in addition to Mixer, Spinny/Cover you can now choose incredible <nothing> besides main decks
* extended SkinSettings menu
* divider in Library to resize CoverArt
* clipping VU meter is now big & white to emphasize it moreUpdated to v30Updated to v29
* mostly cosmetic changes
* simplifying code
* MixerBar integrated in Library to save space for tree view..when Lib is disabled it's a bottom bar like before.
When using more than 2 MICs and more than 2 AUX it might get complicated...aka tight.Updated to v28
* all GUI settings are now persistent on 220.127.116.11 stable as well
* polished and extended beatgrid buttons
* flawless on mixxx 18.104.22.168
and recent 2.1.0 alpha-pre
Thanks to [aDJnamedCorey] for pointing me to this issueUpdated to v26
* replaced text with icons in Mixer bar and EffectChain control sectionUpdated to v24
* skin settings popup is now working as expected, thanks to hints from [daschuer] here
* some polish, multi-line comments now display properly
* basic Mic/AUX section now integrated in MixerBar at the bottom, along with Master and Headphone controls
* minor fixes