Numark Mixtrack

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Numark Mixtrack

Postby RAWRR » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:12 am

O_O*

Well, as I said, in my case *two* of the controls seemed useless. Maybe another one broke over the versions. Or maybe its some other issue...
RAWRR

Postby MBybee » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks! This helped me a lot, I was getting really frustrated with it
MBybee

Postby matteo » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi everyone, I've been working on an updated binding this week end, and here is the result:
1. I've merged the changes from uncleeugene and RAWRR
2. Automating looping is working right, you can now automatically create a one bar loop (biggest new feature... but requires version 1.9)
3. The controls are properly assigned for the flanger. These are the ones on deck A (cf bug report officially filed)
4. I've mapped the "View" and "Tick" buttons. They allow setting cue points, even while playing. (actually I did not know what to do with these two buttons... and this seemed appropriate)
5. The "stutter" key is now working as it should

The only change from uncleeugene that I reverted was the pitch direction... It's labelled backward on the decks, so I think it should be backward in the binding file. I understand that can be counter intuitive, but I'd rather document how one can change it to make it to his liking than deliver something that does not work "as advertised".

For the play while "cue previewing" should start the deck feature, I could have implemented it in the script file. However, browsing the source of mixxx, I've seen it was labelled, in a comment, as a TODO... so before doing something heavy in javascript, I would have like to know if someone in the developper team was working on that, and if it was coming in the next release maybe ? If not, I'll make it in the script file.

Enjoy, test it and tell me what you think of it. We are getting closer to a 1.0 release :)
Thanks RAWRR and uncleeugene !
Attachments
Numark-MixTrack-1.0b.tar.gz
Numark Mixtrack Mixxx bindings
(3.35 KiB) Downloaded 997 times
matteo

Postby uncleeugene » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:05 am

Hi everybody!

Matteo, thanks for merging my changes!
The only reason to change the direction of pitch controls was that i wanted my hardware controls and on-screen controls to move the same way. So i set "Pitch/Rate slider direction" in Preferenses to "Down increases speed" setting, and reverted hardware controls. Now if i move my pitch slider down, the speed increases, and i also see on-screen slider moving the same direction )))

I also tried new Browse knob by RAWRR. Thank you RAWRR! It works well in browser, but i found that pressing knob on ".." gets me two levels up, instead of one. Maybe it is just issue of my particular device, but i decided to use old mapping for now.
I tried to make RAWRR mod to work not only with browser but with crates, library and all this. And it seems to me, there is no way to achieve it by only changing scripts. Am i right?

Here is some changes i made since my last post:

1. I often use gain controls, so i've mapped "pregain" on a middle fx knob of each deck.
2. Flanger controls are mapped on a third knobs, "LFO" on deck 1, and "Delay" on deck 2. Depth control is mapped on first fx knob of deck 1, and never used )))
3. Track can be loaded into a deck only if deck is stopped. After i loaded a track into a playing deck during the gig several times, i made this mod )))

Here is simple text file with my changes, if you think my changes got some point, please feel free to use it.
Attachments
Numark Mixtrack mapping diff.zip
(667 Bytes) Downloaded 598 times
Early to rise, early to bed makes a man healthy, wealthy and dead. ))))
uncleeugene

Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan, Somewhere in the middle of Asia ))

Postby uncleeugene » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:32 pm

For those who don't know how to edit mappings, here is the latest version of my mapping including all the changes from my previous post.
Attachments
Numark MIXTRACK uE.zip
(3.93 KiB) Downloaded 900 times
uncleeugene

Postby RozzvilleMansion » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:33 am

coolout wrote:I just tried the mapping in 1.9 with my mixtrack. It seems way, way off and I'm not sure if these are bugs or just problems with matteo's mapping.

1.) For scratching the platter response is all wrong:
A)When you hold down the platter the track continues playing after there's no active movement. (It should pause as long as you're touching the platter.)
B)The acceleration and sensitivity don't seem to match the platter size.
C)The scratch/back cue sounds artifical...very grainy with audible digital artifacts...almost like a bad key lock is engaged.
D)The cut on the crossfader isn't sharp enough. It should be an immediate on/off click.
E)You should be able to nudge (by touching the outside ring) and scratch (by touching the top of the platter) at the same time...but you can't.

2.)It also seems that the effect knobs and loop buttons don't seem to match up as well. That should be an easy fix in the prefs though.

I have never been able to get mixxx to work with my mixtrack pro and I don't know how to map at all. I'm no programmer. If it doesn't work after download then it sits on my computer taking up space like mixxx has, although I would really like to use it. As for the platters not pausing the music when you hold it down, I don't believe that is a feature with mixtrack LE or pro. I've never seen it stop from holding the platter in one spot when I mix. I use VDJ. As for all the controls, they were really way off when I used the last version of Mixxx. Plus I had really bad latency.
RozzvilleMansion - WE ARE THE PARTY
http://www.Facebook.com/RozzvilleMansionWA
RozzvilleMansion

Postby uncleeugene » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:51 pm

As you use VDJ, i suggest you run Windows on your computer.
Controller mappings are located in c:\Program Files\Mixxx\midi (or maybe Program Files (x86) for 64 bit systems).
Once you downloaded any mapping, you have to unzip it into this folder, then start Mixxx, go to main menu->options->preferences (Ctrl-P on keyboard), in the window appeared select MIDI Controllers->Numark Mix Track. Then, select your mapping in dropout list on the right upper side of window, then press "OK".
Be sure that you have read this topic, and know how controller is mapped, what buttons does what actions and so...
For the latency thing, you can play with sound hardware parameters in preferences window. Preferred sound API for low latency performance is ASIO. And you can change "Latency" parameter to find proper balance between speed ang quality on your computer. If you tell me more about soundcard you use, i'll try to help.
uncleeugene

Postby syl » Thu May 24, 2012 8:23 pm

uncleeugene wrote:For those who don't know how to edit mappings, here is the latest version of my mapping including all the changes from my previous post.

Thanks uncleeugene! Your mapping is great. I just started using it on my Mixtrack Pro and it works nice!
syl

Postby rryan » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Thanks Matteo, RAWRR, and uncleeugene -- I've added the 1.0b version to trunk and it will be in Mixxx 1.11.
The Mixxx Manual, Wiki and FAQ are the best place to start for documentation and support.
Please report any bugs you find to our Bug Tracker.
rryan
Mixxx Developer

Postby bburtin » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:38 am

Hey guys, thanks for your hard work on the Mixtrack mapping. I just loaded the mapping into Mixxx 1.11.0. Most of the controls work great, but the pitch sliders and LFO knob respond in the opposite direction. I was able to fix the pitch sliders easily with the Learning Wizard. After using the Learning Wizard on the LFO knob, it would only set to hard left and hard right. This is probably because it's a rotary knob.

I'll take some time to figure out how the mapping xml files work in Mixxx. If anyone has a quick fix for me, feel free to chime in.
bburtin

PreviousNext

Return to Controller presets/mappings